16 ultimate Home Remedies of Skin Asthma
Skin asthma can be treated at home with things available at home as well. Here are some home remedies for skin asthma or atopic dermatitis.
These may not have an instant effect or may not remove it permanently but they work and your skin condition will see a significant decline. Symptoms of skin asthma can be dry skin, ear discharge, redness of skin and many other.
People often try to find home remedies for curing allergies. It has been shown that home remedies are very effective in skin allergies. There are numerous best and easy home remedies to heal allergies. Main causes of skin asthma are Hair dyes and perfumes, Synthetic fibers, Detergents or soaps, Cigarette smoke etc.
- 1 Coconut Oil
- 2 Oatmeal
- 3 Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Aloe Vera
- 5 Vitamin E
- 6 Honey
- 7 Chamomile
- 8 Indian lilac or neem
- 9 Turmeric
- 10 Gram Flour, Turmeric, and Curd
- 11 Olive Oil
- 12 Sandalwood
- 13 Ground Oatmeal
- 14 Leaves of Neem, Basil, and Coriander
- 15 Baking Soda
- 16 Suggestion for Skin Asthma
Coconut oil is a doctor itself in the case of skin conditions. It has moisturizing and antimicrobial properties which help a lot in the problem of atopic dermatitis.
Coconut oil reduces dryness, scaling, and redness in just a few days.
All you need to do is you need to apply warm coconut oil on the area of skin where dermatitis is present as this softens skin as well.
You should use virgin coconut oil before going to bed daily for best results.
Oatmeal is healthy not only when you’re eating it but it is a great help for your skin as well.
But instead of eating it you may need to take an oatmeal bath for treating any kind of skin irritation, rashes, and itching.
This also helps in moisturizing your skin which is very necessary for atopic dermatitis. You need to:
- Take a cup of finely powdered oatmeal and mix it with the lukewarm bath water.
- Now, soak your body or the affected area in this bath water for around 20 minutes daily.
- Do this remedy daily for a month.
Apple Cider Vinegar
You might have seen apple cider vinegar as a home remedy for a lot of skin conditions. It is more effective in case of atopic dermatitis because it is helpful in relieving itchiness and inflammation.
- Take equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar and mix them. Apply this solution to your skin in the affected area using a cotton ball. Let it stay for around half an hour. Now, clean the affected area with a cotton cloth. Use a damp cloth for cleaning with ease. You can see positive results after some weeks if you do it daily.
- You may also consume two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar by mixing it in a glass of water twice or thrice daily. Don’t do this if you are skinny because taking apple cider vinegar is also used to losing weight.
Aloe Vera is the king of home remedies and yes it works in case of skin asthma as well. Aloe Vera does a great job in restoring the pH balance of the skin. It also relieves skin irritation and itching. It also consists of moisturizing properties and antimicrobial properties as well.
- Tear the leave of a fresh Aloe Vera and take the gel out and apply it on the affected area for a couple of time daily for some months to have an excellent improvement in the skin.
- You may also drink some Aloe Vera juice for glowing skin and it also helps for problems like high blood pressure.
Aloe Vera is rich in antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties that make it a perfect home remedy for skin Asthma.
Buy Aloe Vera gel form nearest store or squeeze the gel from the leaf of Aloe Vera and apply directly to the affected skin.
Do it twice a day for full recovery. You can as well drink Aloe Vera juice to boost healing.
Vitamin E oil is one of the most effective and easiest home remedies for atopic dermatitis. It promotes healing and also gives relief to the skin from inflammation and itching. You can get Vitamin E capsule over the counter on Amazon.
- You may apply vitamin E oil before going to bed so that it gets time to blend in with your skin. You may also try creams or lotions containing vitamin E.
- Vitamin E can be consumed through foods such as sunflower seeds, peanut butter, wheat germ oil, etc. will also help in getting rid of atopic dermatitis.
Honey is a great remedy when any inflammatory condition arises on the skin. As it has its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, it is quite effective.
- Take some raw honey and mix equal parts of beeswax and olive oil with it. Now, heat the acquired mixture in a double-boiler in order to make an ointment. Doing this daily will give you good improvement in just some weeks.
Chamomile flowers consist of the soothing effects on the skin affected by atopic dermatitis or skin asthma.
- Take some teaspoons of chamomile flowers and soak it in a cup of water for around 15 minutes. Now, let the solution cool. Take a clean cloth and dip it in the solution and place it in the affected area for about 20 minutes. You can do this a few times a day until you are satisfied with the results.
- Also, you may use chamomile cream on the affected area for a few times a day or also you can use chamomile essential oil in your bath and soak your whole body or just the affected part for around half an hour daily to experience relief.
Note: Chamomile can cause some allergic reactions on the skin so you should perform a patch test before using it.
Indian lilac or neem
Indian lilac leaves is an effective remedy for treating the skin asthma problem and it helps to a great extent. It also helps in restoring the health of your skin.
- Take a tablespoon of sesame oil and the same amount of turmeric powder and mix a tablespoon of neem leaves in it. This will prepare a paste and you can apply it to the affected skin and let it stay there for a few hours and wash it off. You should do this daily for some months.
- Alternatively, you may also add a few drops of neem oil into bath water (warm) and soak your body in it for half an hour daily until you see good results.
It is something abundantly available at home and it is also quite effective in healing eczema. As it has antiseptic properties as well as anti-inflammatory properties which make a great combo for healing your skin condition.
- Heat some water in a vessel and add a teaspoon-full turmeric powder into it.
- Now, boil it.
- Let the solution cool and drink it. You may also wash the affected area with this solution.
- Do this for some months daily.
As we know, atopic dermatitis is a condition that looks bad but you don’t need to worry about it so much. You can apply these home remedies for your benefit and treat the annoying skin asthma problem.
Gram Flour, Turmeric, and Curd
The paste of gram flour, turmeric and curd are very effective in the cure of skin Asthma.
Gram flour is also known as garbanzo bean flour or Besan. It is pulse flour made from a variety of ground chickpeas. Gram flour makes skin soft, and curd gives moisture to it.
Similarly, turmeric is known as an antibiotic that can stop the spreading of allergy. This home remedy is free from all kinds of side effects and can be used without worry.
Make a paste by mixing one teaspoon of turmeric, two to three teaspoon of gram flour in half bowl of curd. Apply it at least once a day to make sure that you get accurate results.
Olive oil also has antibacterial and antifungal properties and is a good remedy for skin Asthma.
Get some olive oil and gently massage the area that is suffered from allergy and let the skin absorb it.
Repeat it two to three times a day till you relieve from skin Asthma.
The soothing property of sandalwood is as well helpful to cure skin Asthma.
Prepare a paste from fresh sandalwood powder by adding little clean water on it and apply the paste all over the skin that is suffered by rashes and allergies. Let it dry then wash it with lukewarm water.
Use this home remedies twice a day until you get satisfied result.
Oatmeal contains chemicals called avenanthramides. It is anti-itching and anti-inflammatory in nature that can reduce the redness and swelling caused by the skin Asthma.
Make a paste of finely ground oatmeal by adding water to it. Apply this paste to the affected area and cover it with a bandage of a moist cloth.
Leave it for a half an hour then rinse it with clean water. It is also recommended to use twice a day at least for five days.
Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica)
Stinging Nettle has been well-known for its have anti-histamine properties which work like a miracle in skin Asthma.
Find the fresh plant and collect a few handfuls of its leaves, clean it with water and make a thick paste.
Apply this paste for an hour then wash out with cold water. Do this for at least three times a day for few days for the good result.
Leaves of Neem, Basil, and Coriander
Leaves of Neem, Basil and Coriander are also believed as home remedies that can cure a skin Asthma.
These natural herbs have anti-allergic and antifungal properties which are very helpful in the treatment of skin problems including skin Asthma.
Make a paste by grinding together the leaves of Neem, Basil, and Coriander and then apply it to the affected part of skin twice a day. Repeat this procedure for few days to reduce skin Asthma.
Baking soda often found in your kitchen and an excellent home remedy for skin Asthma.
It helps to dry out the skin rash, relieves burning and put off further inflammation of the skin.
Prepare a paste by mixing a half teaspoon of baking soda in some water and directly apply it to the affected skin. Leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing it.
Doing twice a day will be enough to rid off the allergy.
Suggestion for Skin Asthma
Here are some common things that might irritate your atopic dermatitis and may increase inflammation:
- Wool or synthetic fibers
- Substances like mineral oil, chlorine, or solvents
- Soaps and detergents
- Some cosmetics and perfumes
- Animal fur or dander
- Dust Mites
- Dust or sand
- Cigarette smoke
- Flowers and pollen
Try avoiding these so that you don’t complicate the situation.
In this way, you can minimize the problems created by atopic dermatitis by just these home remedies and further suggestions included in the article.