6 Ultimate Ways to Get Rid Of Open Pores
You might have been getting this annoying problem of having pores on your face. The big open pores make the skin very untidy and dirty due to which your appearance is adversely affected. To cover this problem of yours, this article will guide you through some easy ways to getting rid of open pores.
Open pores are the openings of oil glands in the facial skin which lie around nose and the surrounding cheeks. Unchecked oil secretions at the young age causes this problem and the problem gets worse after your skin gets lax in the old age.
People get these pores in areas of face like:
Pores on nose: Pores on nose is one common problem regarding the pores. This is because nose is one of the oiliest areas on the face just like cheeks.
Pores on cheeks: Similar to the nose, cheeks too have abundance in oil content of the skin due to which it is more prone to this open pore problem.
People have reported cases of pores in breasts, back and even scalps. These can be healed by below-mentioned remedies as well so if you have any open pore problem regardless of its location you can follow the instructions.
Clogged pores are formed due to the buildup of oil, tiny hairs, dead skin cells, and bacteria. Pores can be clogged in many areas like chest, neck, back, on the face, arms, or legs but is very prone on the nose this is because nose lies exactly in the T-shape where the oil glands are present.
Sebum is an oily substance produced in the skin in order to keep the skin hydrated and soft. This, however, is the underlying cause of clogged pores. This is why people with oily skin experience this problem more than those with dry skin. It affects the areas like nose, forehead and chin because there are oil glands present and that creates a very oily skin in those areas.
Home Remedies for Open Pores
Here are some home remedies that might come in handy for getting rid of open pores.
Ice for Open Pores
Ice works very well as a home remedy in helping large open pores to shrink. This is because of the skin tightening effect. Those who do makeups know that ice is used before applying makeup in order to shrink those enlarged pores. Not only this, it does more. It also stimulates the circulation process and maintains healthier skin. Here are the steps for using the ice on your open pores.
- Take some ice cubes and take a clean washcloth to cover those cubes, then hold it on your skin for half a minute. Perform this daily. You can discontinue or reduce the number of times you follow this procedure, if you see improvement.
- If you don’t have time for the previous method, you can simply take ice cold water and wash the affected are once daily.
- If you want some enhanced experience and results, you can make the ice cubes with water mixed with special liquids like cucumber juice, apple juice, rose water, or green tea.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Open Pores
Apple cider vinegar is a remedy for a lot of things. It works as a natural astringent and also has ability to act as a skin toner. It helps in tightening of your skin, reducing big pores, and in restoring the skin’s acidity balance or pH balance. It is also known to have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory characteristics which are really helpful to the skin as it helps in treating acne breakouts. Here is how to use Apple Cider vinegar for you welfare:
- Take equal amounts of water and organic apple cider vinegar and mix them up.
- You can dip a cotton ball in the solution and apply it on your face gently.
- Rinse it off after some minutes.
- To get the best results, you can use this remedy every night. Just top it up with a skin-suited light moisturizer. It will take some weeks to get noticeable improvements.
Egg Whites for Open Pores
You might not believe it but egg whites are widely used for shrinking enlarged pores as they tone and tighten the skin. Also, egg white masks are effective in drawing excess oil out of greasy skin.
- Take and egg and whisk the white part. Now, spread it evenly on your face. Leave it until it dries completely and rinse it off. You may also cover your skin with pieces of tissue paper after applying egg white and peel them off when the mixture dries for better results. Follow this instruction once or twice a week on a periodic basis.
- If you happen to not find the above mentioned way, you may also whip two egg whites and mix it along with the lemon juice squeezed from half a lemon. Just make sure you spread it on your face nicely. Leave it on for around 10 minutes (until it dries completely) and you can then rinse it off with cold water. Perform this for several days in a week for one month.
- There is yet another option as well. You can whisk an egg white and then mix it with in two spoons each of oatmeal and lemon juice. You can spread it on your face and let it to dry for around 30 minutes. Then you can just scrub it off and rinse your face with cool water. If you want best results, do this twice weekly for few weeks.
Home-made sugar scrubs are helpful when it comes to reducing large pores. This is because they exfoliate the skin, removing any excess oil or impurities. Here is how to use it:
- Take two tablespoons of sugar, a spoon of olive oil and few drops of lemon juice. Gently rub this mixture on your skin for 20 to 30 seconds, and then rinse it off with cold water. Do this regularly, doing it once or twice a week will be effective.
- Take a lemon wedge or a slice and put some sugar in it. Now gently rub in on the pore area and leave it for 10 minutes. After you’ve done that, wash your face.
- Alternatively, you may also apply a mixture of equal parts of lemon juice and honey with little amount of sugar. Just massage the affected area of your skin with it and leave it for some minutes before rinsing it off. Do this once or twice a month in order to achieve the desired results.
Baking soda is not only used in foods but it also works in an excellent way as a gentle exfoliating agent. In addition, it helps in removing excess dirt, oil, and debris from your skin. The acidity of your skin can also come to balance if you use it. People have reported that it also reduces problems like pimples and acne as it has got antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Here is how to use it:
- Take two tablespoons of baking soda and mix it with same amount of lukewarm water.
- Massage in the affected area with the prepared mixture in circular motion.
- After you’ve done it wash it off with cool water.
- Do this process daily for about a week and reduce the number of times you perform it after a few weeks when you start seeing its effects.
Lemon juice consists of citric acid which helps in exfoliating your skin and minimizing the appearance of open pores. It also improves your complexion and remove any dark spots that you have because of its bleaching effect. Here is how to use it as a home remedy:
- Take one spoon of organic honey and mix it in the juice from one lemon. Now, apply this mix on the affected area of your skin and keep it for around 10 minutes before washing it off. Repeat this daily at least for a month.
- Alternatively, take two tablespoons each of tomato juice and lemon juice and mix them. Now, apply the mix in the affected area. Keep it on for some minutes and rinse with cool water. Do this daily, if possible, or several times a week for one month or so to see encouraging results.
- You may also mix one teaspoon of lemon juice and the same amount of cinnamon powder, apply it and leave it for some minutes. Do this daily for at least a month.
Medications for open pores
Face Masks can be used to clean the skin and it is also really helpful in removing excess oil including dead skin cells, tiny hairs and any kind of bacteria. Get this from an experienced individual if you are doing it first because you may not have a clear clue about what you are doing.
Applying salicylic acid in forms of lotion or any other products will help in healing those pores of yours in no time. It is excellent in controlling oil secretions and it really helps in healing open pores.
There is a laser therapy to this as well. Hitting some lasers into those pores may just be helpful to you by removing them which might be bothering you.
So, this was a guide to removing the open pore problem which is apparently one of the most common problem that arises in the facial skin. Just apply some methods above and you are good to go with your beautiful skin.