9 effortless methods to relieve your pinched nerve in hip flexor
A pinched nerve hip flexor occurs due to a compression or pressure on a nerve or a group of nerves. It is a condition when you feel severe pain and discomfort on hip flexor which is located around your hip joints.
It does refer to a certain kind of damage happen in a nerve around the hip. It causes pain, numbness, tingling and burning in the hip flexor.
It can be temporary or can result in a longer-term problem such as sciatica, in which the sciatic nerve trapped between two muscles or bones.
Pain in a pinched nerve in hip flexor can appear by several reasons such as trapping of the sciatic nerve, injuries, getting a lot of pressure on hip, being overweight, bad posture or a poor sleeping position, etc.
Some diseases like bone spurs, herniated disc, Spondylosis, and Arthritis can also cause pain by a pinched nerve in hip flexor. It can be awfully painful and may cause to be motionless for some time.
The occasional pain by a pinched nerve in hip flexor is treatable at home.
Many home remedies can alleviate the symptoms and promote healing to relieve the pain.
These simple and nine effortless ways can relieve your pinched nerve in hip flexor.
Warm Oil Massage
Massaging the affected area with warm oil is an effective way to relieve the pain caused by a pinched nerve in hip flexor.
It causes the activation of pressure points which increases the blood supply in the affected area and relaxes stiff muscles to recover mobility and reduces pain.
- Warm mustard, coconut or olive oil. You can include a few drops of peppermint oil.
- Apply it to the affected area and gently massage for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this technique at least two times a day.
Cold packs can give temporary and quick relief from pinched nerve pain in hip flexor. It relieves pain by numbing the pain affected area as well as reduces swelling and inflammation.
- Put some ice cubes in an ice bag or small plastic bag to make an ice pack.
- Place this ice pack directly on the affected area with the pinched nerve for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this method every hour (excluding at night) for a better result.
Hot water bag
Applying heat around the affected area can also reduce inflammation and swelling caused by pinched nerve pain in hip flexor. You can use hot water bag to relieve the painful condition.
- Take a hot water bag and fill the hot water on it or soak a washcloth instead.
- Place it over the affected area on hip and give warm compress for 15 minutes at a time.
- Repeat it as much as you can in a day.
Adjust Your Posture
Improper posture during the pinched nerve pain in hip flexor can further damage your nerves on your hip. So, you need to adjust some posture habits during the painful condition.
Changing the manner, you sit and stand will help alleviate pain. It can also reduce compression or constriction of the nerve. Follow these posture tips during nerve pain.
- Do not carry heavy loads.
- Avoid sitting on low chairs and sofas.
- Don’t try to stand on one leg, the one that affected by pain.
- Do not sit for a long time.
- Avoid other activities that can strain your pinched nerve.
Granting rest to your leg that is affected leg by pinched nerve pain in hip flexor is another easy way for recovery in this situation.
Sleeping is the best way to take rest; it gives suitable time and environment to your body system to deal with the damage done by the pinched nerve.
You can also follow these sleeping tips when you suffer from the nerve pain.
- Lie down on your back on the smooth surface and insert a pillow below your knees.
- When you get tired, switch your position to right or left and insert a pillow between your legs.
- Follow these tips for few days.
Epsom Salt Bath
Maintaining a correct amount of magnesium level in our body is also considered as a home remedy for pinched nerve pain in hip flexor. It has significant power to heal and recover nerve pain.
Epsom salt has an excellent amount of magnesium and taking its bath is believed as a very good remedy for pinched nerve pain.
- Take a cup of Epsom salt and mix it in a bathtub filled with lukewarm water.
- Soak your body in it and enjoy the salty bath for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then, wash your body with clean water.
Castor Oil Pack
Castor oil is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the inflammation and pain caused by pinched nerve pain in hip flexor.
Applying castor oil pack on pinched nerve area helps to restore the usual functioning of the nerves. You can use a castor oil pack as follows.
- Fold a small piece of fabric clothes and wet with warm castor oil.
- Apply this pack to the affected area.
- Wrap it with a piece of plastic, and then with a lean towel.
- Leave it for an hour, and then rinse it with cool water.
Note: – Oil should not be too hot to avoid any harmful situation.
Acupuncture for pinched nerve in hip flexor
Acupuncture is also an excellent way for treatment of a pinched nerve pain in hip flexor. It restores normal nerve performance and affords relief in pain.
Stimulating exact acupressure points in affected area triggers the release of chemicals that relieve pain and produce a sense of well-being.
You must acquire acupuncture therapy from a skilled and experienced person otherwise it may damage the nerve further.
Gentle stretching exercises are also very effective in pinched nerve pain in hip flexor. Bridging, hip flexor stretch, outer hip stretch, gluteal stretch and pelvic tilt are some stretching exercises that can help you in the healing of minor nerve pain in hip flexor.
These simple and easy to apply home remedies methods of pinched nerve pain in hip flexor are recommended for normal condition of pinched nerve pain only. In critical case, you must visit your doctor as soon as possible.