9 Home Remedies for Loose Motion for Adults
There are several home remedies for loose motion that are easily available at home. We can use them to treat loose motion without problems. We will discuss about them later in this article in detail. But first, you should know its causes and its symptoms.
Overview of loose motion
Loose motion is common sicknesses in which watery stools pass out more frequently than usual. It is also known dysentery, the illness which affects almost everyone in their lifespan. Loose motion or diarrhea is a natural process of our body to flushing out toxins and harmful organisms from our intestines.
Causes of loose motion
There are many causes of dysentery or lose motion. Normally these things are responsible for causing loose motion: –
• Food poison: – The illness caused by Salmonella species, Shigella species, and cryptosporidium.
• Lactose intolerance: – Having a low level of intestinal lactase.
• Overeating: – A condition of eating a lot of foods.
• Stress and anxiety: – The condition of nervous tension that decreases the level of digestive enzymes.
Symptoms of loose motion
In the process loose motion, a huge amount of electrolytes and minerals also gets out from our body. That cause abdominal cramps, abdominal pain, fever, swelling and weakness. These symptoms usually appear in loose motion: –
• Watery stool passes out more than 4-7 times within 24 hours.
• Unpleasant odor in the stool that can make you vomiting.
• Mild or sometimes harsh pain in lower abdominal.
• Fever and fatigue.
• Unwillingness to eat food.
Home remedies for loose motion
The symptoms of loose motion are very common and can lessen at home. There are several home remedies for loose motion that can we use easily, without any worry. Nine most effective of them are discussed below in detail that can help you to control it.
Yogurt is easy to found home remedies for loose motion. It is a source of bacterial culture that is similar to the healthy bacteria found in your digestive system. These healthy bacteria help us to digest food.
• Eat three cups of fresh yogurt in a day to restore your digestive system to control loose motion.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is great home remedies for loose motion. It kills the diarrhea-causing organisms in the intestine. It also helps to maintain correct pH level in the stomach and repair our digestive system.
• Put in two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of lukewarm water.
• Add a little bit, honey.
• Drink it three times a day until loose motion stop.
Cinnamon is very effective in treating various gastrointestinal problems. It is also good home remedies for loose motion. It has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties that destroy the harmful organisms in our stomach.
• Add one teaspoon of cinnamon powder in one glass of boiling water.
• After its cool down, drink it three times in a day.
• Alternatively, sprinkle some cinnamon powder on yogurt and eat it for a better result.
Ginger is also believed as home remedies for loose motion. It can relieve bacterial infections that cause indigestion and loose motion in our stomach. It also helps to make stronger our stomach muscles and reduce food stagnation.
• Take one glass of water and add two tablespoons of the minced ginger root.
• Boil it for 5 minutes, and then let it cool down.
• Drink three times daily for few days.
Banana has pectin that makes it excellent home remedies for loose motion. Pectin helps our body to harden the stools and control loose motion. It also contains potassium that resettles the unbalance of electrolytes during dysentery.
• Eat one banana in each hour for a day.
• You can mix ripe banana into yogurt for a better result.
Chamomile is a useful herb that can be used as home remedies for loose motion. It has antispasmodic properties that relieve intestinal complications such as loose motion.
• Get two to three chamomile flowers and put them in one glass of water.
• Boil it for five minutes and let it cool down.
• Drinks this thrice a day to gets rid of losing motion.
7. Pomegranate juice
The next home remedies for loose motion is pomegranate juice. It provides antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial substances to the body. It also ultimately kills harmful bacteria that do chronic damage to stomach walls.
• Drink three glass of pomegranate juice or eat three pomegranates a day.
8. Starchy Foods
Starchy foods are very helpful to refuel your body with nutrients during dysentery. Therefore it is also great home remedies for loose motion. Our body soaks ups the nutrients from starchy foods relatively quickly and hardens the stool.
• Eat precooked white rice, boiled potatoes, cooked carrots and, tapioca cereals, etc. during loose motion.
9. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds or its powder is as well home remedies for loose motion. It contains a high amount of mucilage as well as antifungal and antiviral properties that can prevent harmful germs to damage our intestines.
• Boil some seeds of fenugreek with one glass of water.
• Let it cool down and drink three times a day.
We hope these home remedies for loose motion will help you and give relive form dysentery. If they do not work, then visit the doctor nearby you. There may be other reasons for abdominal pain.
Kids often get infected with harmful germs and suffered by loose motions. There may be some home remedies for diarrhea for toddlers that not included above. You must know them in case of kids.