Ultimate ways to lose weight in a month?
The calorie is a measure of energy and in this specific case, the energy equivalent of the food you are taking. What needs to be understood is taking very low calorie doesn’t really mean you will get a thin body quick and it may be hazardous at times.
There is a certain amount of calorie burned by the body itself for your day-to-day activities. And another unburnt calorie intake will or may affect your body weight.
This depends on a lot of factors. This article will guide you through the calorie requirements, factors affecting calorie need, tips on calorie reduction or addition for weight loss or gain respectively. These will work just fine if you are a normal person and are willing to maintain a healthy calorie intake.
Calorie requirement is different for different people depending on their lifestyle. For instance, an athlete needs to have a higher calorie intake than a person who just does office working sitting on a desk. This is because an athlete’s body needs more energy in his body and hence requires more burnable calorie while office worker’s body doesn’t require as much energy to work and thus their calorie requirement is comparatively low. There are a lot of factors that affect the requirement of calorie in a person’s body. These are covered thoroughly in the topic below.
This is because an athlete’s body needs more energy in his body and hence requires more burnable calorie while office worker’s body doesn’t require as much energy to work and thus their calorie requirement is comparatively low. There are a lot of factors that affect the requirement of calorie in a person’s body. These are covered thoroughly in the topic below.
There are a lot of factors that affect the requirement of calorie in a person’s body. These are covered thoroughly in the topic below.
Factors affecting the calorie need
The amount of energy you need is the calorie you need. So, here are some factors that directly affect the calorie need of a person.
- Age: Growing children and youngsters tend to burn more calories and hence require more calories as they are highly active and the energy is used in different forms. Old people who can’t move or can perform a very little movement, on the other hand, require very less calorie intake because if the body can’t burn the calorie it turns into body weight.
- Lifestyle: This simply means the degree of your activity directly affects your calorie intake. If you are a programmer then you might not need as much calorie as a swimmer. And if you are hyperactive in anything you do, your calorie need will alter accordingly.
- Size: Your height and weight can play vital in your body’s energy usage. This subsequently affects the amount of calorie you should take. Generally, nutritionists can help you calculate the exact amount of calorie required based on your height and weight.
Not only these but also some others affect the calorie requirement of your body, like:
- Hormones: Production of some hormones can affect the amount of calorie requirement of your body. It is known that thyroid hormones are quite effective on affecting your calorie need.
- Medications: Glucocorticoids, a type of steroid which is used for treating inflammation, can really affect your need of calorie. Some other medications like proteins and mass gainers can help you in reducing your calorie need.
But these just were the theoretical explanations and now you’ll go to a topic that will explain about how much calories to take based on the gender in figures.
How many Calories (in figures)?
Here is a guide about how much calories you should take based on your gender and on the degree of your activity.
Generally, an average woman with moderate day-to-day work needs to eat about 2000 calories per day for maintaining, and 1500 calories for losing weight at the rate of one pound per week. But if you are passive, for instance, you are breastfeeding or pregnant, that means you don’t really go around so you need less energy. So, you can decrease your calorie intake by 200-300. But do contact a nutritionist because this is a special case and you might get malnutrition. Similarly, if you are an athlete, then you need to take comparatively more calorie about 500 calories in order to maintain and more if you want to gain some weight.
But if you are passive, for instance, you are breastfeeding or pregnant, that means you don’t really go around so you need less energy. So, you can decrease your calorie intake by 200-300.
But do contact a nutritionist because this is a special case and you might get malnutrition. Similarly, if you are an athlete, then you need to take comparatively more calorie about 500 calories in order to maintain and more if you want to gain some weight.
Similarly, if you are an athlete, then you need to take comparatively more calorie about 500 calories in order to maintain and more if you want to gain some weight.
A man, on the other hand, requires more calories than women. For a man who works moderately, 2500 calories per day are required for maintaining the weight and taking 2000 calories will help you lose one pound per week.
But as it also depends on other factors like your height, weight, and age, you should always seek expert’s advice. Like those conditions mentioned in the women’s section, men also need to maintain the calorie based on how much energy they use.
Active men need to increase their calorie intake by about 400-500 and passive ones should decrease by that amount.
How do I maintain weight?
The figures given above should help you maintain weight.
But what needs to be remembered is that some foods affect differently than others so, you should keep an eye on foods and beverages like cokes, cholesterol-containing foods, crisps and such.
Eat healthy food because the foods mentioned can alter the body weight differently and you might end up gaining or losing your weight even if you are maintaining your calorie intake.
How to keep a track of my calorie intake?
Calorie intakes can be noted down and matched with burnt calories for best results. This is of course approximation but it can be really helpful because you are organized and more aware about your body’s well-being.
You can see the calorie contents of your food behind the packets of the food or you can just find it on the internet and you can always keep the record in a calorie diary.
Most people maintain this diary and it is said that keeping diary helps in maintaining the weight more efficiently.
You can also keep a track of how many calories you burn by recording how much work you do and the amount of exercise you perform.
In case you don’t want to physically write down your intakes and burnt calories down in a notebook, you can also use apps.
You can download some handy apps from the App Store or the Play Store depending upon the device you use. There are some food diary apps which will guide you to note down your calorie intake and they do a pretty good job in it.
What is amazing about these apps are they even show how much calorie a specific amount of food contains. You can just look at the weight of a food you’re eating and enter it into the app and you get the calorie you just took. Not only that, you can also keep a track of your exercise and calories burnt.
New devices like wearable watches (smart watches) will give you the distance you covered in your morning walk and keep a track of how many calories you burned and now the calorie intake and burnt calories can be processed in the same app giving you a whole new experience of losing weight.
This way of losing weight is more precise and somewhat interesting as well.
How do I lose weight?
Here are some DOs and DON’Ts which will help you lose weight in a healthy way and in a way you will not have much problem.
- Exercise: Staying passive will make it much difficult to maintain the calorie intake. You need to fix a time when you will exercise and keep a record of how much calories you burn and you can eat your food accordingly such that you can remove some weight from your body.
- Drink Water: Drinking water is known to burn more calories. Drinking 2 liters of water can help you burn 96 more calories than usual. This can be really effective when you are looking forward to getting slim in a small amount of time.
- Protein: You can focus on eating enough protein because protein are known as the king of nutrients and they will slightly decrease your appetite as well helping you to reduce your calorie intake altogether.
- Caffeine: Caffeinated drinks like coffee and green tea are quite helpful in metabolism (high intake is not recommended).
- Avoid soft drinks: Drinks like coke and other juices because they contain a lot of sugar content which will only get you more fat and maintaining will be very difficult. Avoiding these extremely sugared foods is healthy itself because you will not have a high blood sugar level.
- Reduce carbohydrates intake: You must know that eating low carb foods can help you reduce your weight up to 2-3 times faster and in a more efficient way. Foods like rice, potato can be controlled in your diet so that you can maintain a healthy diet and you can lose weight.
So, this article covered the calorie intake you require, tips for losing weight and maintain weight and other basic calorie knowledge.
You should always remember that when you’re looking forward to reducing your weight, you must not starve. This is unhealthy and can have adverse effects on you.
You should always keep an eye on how much is the limit. Don’t reduce your calorie intake more than 500 calories than the normal amount you required.