Some ultimate ways to Treat Alcoholism?
Detoxification means taking some medicine to prevent the alcohol withdrawal symptoms if you have stopped drinking after being a heavy drinker. It is also known as detox and the most used detox medicine is chlordiazepoxide. It is a benzodiazepine medicine. Also lorazepam can be considered another possible medication for it and the antipsychotic medicines like haloperidol and olanzapine, will be used in addition to benzodiazepines which helps in treat alcoholism of severe alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
Performing exercise to treat alcoholism and for keeping the body healthy is always important. Research has shown that even if you had a long history of heavy drinking, if you practice exercise regularly, you can drastically reduce the complications that it can cause such as loss of cognitive function and brain damage.
Also, in a normal body, the exercise helps greatly in reducing stress, improving mood, reducing cravings and fighting depression which makes you healthier. Exercise also induces better sleep in the night time where you can rest without getting sleeplessness. Even the alcohol rehabs have exercise for the middle and end stage alcoholic people.
You can include exercises such as brisk walking, biking, running, swimming or aerobics inside your daily routine. If you don’t feel you can exercise on your own you can get help from an expert
Meditation can also help greatly in fighting alcoholism. Generally, addicted people really forget about the strengths of their body and the connection between their mind and body which makes them quite careless. Meditation helps in bringing this sensation back. If you have been taking alcohol to suppress any kind of emotional or social problem, yoga or meditation can help you in that too. It helps in relaxing your soul and mind. It can a great measure to treat alcoholism by yourself.
When you are dealing with an alcoholic person, diet is a must. To reduce effects of heavy drinking and to make one remain sober, having a proper diet is quite mandatory. As alcoholism reduces appetite as well, body becomes less recipient to the nutrients in the food. This might trigger some other malnutrition consequences so, the diet needs to be implemented. Diet helps in estimating the need of vitamin and minerals in the body to overcome the alcoholic effect and for the body’s welfare. Healthy diet is always beneficial to treat alcoholism at home. Here are some suggestions regarding the intake of food.
- You should eat foods that are high in vitamin B12 content as it helps in improving liver functioning and also helps in stopping alcohol cravings.
- Also, you may eat foods that have high vitamin C content as it helps in improving brain functioning also in reduce your interest in alcohol.
- You may eat foods that are high in amino acids. These help in stabilizing your mood that might help in breaking the addiction cycle.
- You should strictly avoid caffeine, nicotine and sugar which may help in inducing the addiction.
- You should eat a lot of whole-grains, fresh fruits, cereals, and vegetables also other fiber-rich complex carbohydrates for maintaining the blood sugar levels. It has been found that low blood sugar levels also tend to induce alcohol addictions and cravings.
Dandelion is found to be quite helpful to treat alcoholism withdrawal symptoms. It treats the body from any side-effects caused due to excess drinking. Also it helps in production of bile and its flow which helps in rejuvenating liver tissues as well.
- Take a teaspoon of dried dandelion root and soak it in a cup of boiling water for around 10 minutes. Now, strain it and drink this special tea 2 or 3 cups a day for a few months.
- You may also take 500 mg of dandelion root capsule that are available as supplements 2 or 3 times a day. But remember to consult a doctor before taking supplements.
Coconut oil is always a natural remedy for a lot of conditions. This is no exception as it greatly helps with alcohol addiction. As we know that alcoholism produces some stress and negative effects on the brain, coconut helps in reversing those due to its properties of high antioxidant content and saturated fats. This helps in nourishing and healing the brain.
- You may eat a few tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil daily directly.
- You can also add this coconut oil to your smoothies or hot drinks or even use it for cooking.
In this way, you can get rid of the alcoholism problem and these were the highly discussed topics about alcoholism. This article should help you with a common curiosity about what really happens and what remedies can be applied to stop it.