8 Ultimate Home remedies for hangover that you don’t know about
Home remedies for hangover are very common yet we find it difficult to use them correctly. You will find it pretty easy as everything can be found at your house and I can assure you that most of them are pretty effective as well. The home remedies for hangover are:
Water is the best solution when it comes to home remedies for hangover. What alcohol does is that it depletes water from the body and there is a need of rehydration in your body. You have to cover the need by drinking water at regular intervals. Also, water helps in dilution of the alcohol in your stomach such that the effect of alcohol only happens gradually and not quickly.
You should drink about 8-10 glasses of water a day for your body to handle alcohol properly. You may even drink some glasses of sports drink that are electrolyte-replenishing as well.
Note: You should never drink caffeinated beverages because they help in further dehydration making your hangover worse.
Sleep is quite required for people who have been drinking. Generally, sleep is one of the best home remedies for hangover takes away the hangover with ease. After a lot of alcohol drinks, your body needs time to recovery and there is no better way to deliver that.
Getting as much sleep as possible is quite necessary the next day. Sometimes people have difficulty in sleeping and this can be solved by putting on some soothing music or by darkening the room.
If you have a good sleep, you will no longer have to experience foggy rain and it takes away most of the fatigue as well.
Lemon are known to be quite effective to get rid of the hangover and they help in eradicating the after-effects of excessive drinking such as dizziness, queasiness, muscle pain, and sensitivity to sound and light. Lemon helps in rebalancing the body, by altering the pH level and controlling the blood sugar level as well.
- Take two spoons of fresh lemon juice and mix it with one teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water.
- Stir the mixture well and now drink it slowly.
- You should do this as soon as you wake up and for about two to three times a day for effective results.
Another effective remedy for hangover symptoms is honey. It helps in counteracting the effects of overindulging alcohol because it is quite rich in potassium
As honey contains fructose, a type of sugar which helps in metabolizing the extra alcohol in the body, it, in turn, reduces the hangover symptoms.
- You can just take three to four teaspoons of honey directly at about one-hour intervals until the hangover symptoms seem to be reduced.
- You may also add a spoon or two of honey in a cup of water and drink it several times a day.
- Also, you may take honey by spreading it over a piece of cracker or a dry toast and eat it a couple of times during a hangover.
If you have a very bad hangover after last night’s drink then this might be the perfect remedy for it. Oil pulling is a popular natural remedy for detoxifying the alcohol you had and remove those toxins from your body. This is a great remedy to help you get rid of the hangover.
- Take one tablespoon of coconut oil and swish it around your mouth and through your teeth.
- Perform this for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now, finally, spit the oil out and rinse your mouth with water.
- Do this first in the morning before eating anything or even before brushing your teeth.
Note: Don’t swallow or gargle the oil.
Toast and Egg
This may sound random or maybe it is your regular breakfast. Eating egg with slices of plain toast is an excellent idea to get over hangover symptoms. The carbohydrates present in toast acts as good recovery nutrient.
Also, the charred part of the toast consists of carbon that acts as a filter to help remove the impurities from the body. And similarly, the egg helps in breaking down the alcohol in the body with the help of cysteine and also reduces toxicity.
Every morning after a night of heavy drinking, you should have a breakfast of some pieces of toast and eggs and you will not feel as uncomfortable. Remember to drink a glass or two of water before eating the breakfast.
Ginger is another great cure that helps you get rid of the hangover and its symptoms such as vomiting and nausea. Ginger aids in the digestion of alcohol, thus it also helps in soothing the stomach and also gives relief.
- Take small pieces of ginger and chew them throughout the day to get relief from a hangover. You may also have ginger tea if you don’t feel good while chewing it.
- Also, you can take about four cups of water and add 10 to 12 slices of fresh ginger root into it and boil it for 10 minutes. Now, strain the mixture and then add the juice of half a lemon, one orange, and one-half cup of honey. Now, you may drink the mixture while it’s warm for a couple of times a day.
You can simply get rid of the hangover by drinking tomato juice. As this vegetable juice consists of fructose, a type of sugar which helps your body in metabolizing alcohol more quickly. In addition to that, it is rich in the vitamins, enzymes, and minerals which also quickly overcomes the after-effects of drinking.
- Just pour a glass of fresh tomato juice or soup and mix some fresh lemon juice and honey into it. You may also add some cayenne pepper.
- Drink this once in the morning and in the afternoon for best results
You lose a lot of potassium from your body as alcohol helps in draining potassium.It is possible the best and easiest home remedies for hangover. You can gain the lost electrolytes and replenish the potassium content just by eating bananas as they are a good source of potassium. Also, bananas are quite helpful for calming your stomach as well as boosting the energy level.
- Eat a banana or two with your breakfast after a night full of booze (alcohol) and it will help in alleviating hangover symptoms.
- You may also eat the banana the tasty way by preparing a banana milkshake by sweetening it with honey.
Peppermint is another helpful herb which is considered a good home remedies for hangover. It gives a great relief in digestion and also helps in relieving tension, nausea, and bloating that is some of the most common symptoms of an acute hangover. Peppermint, in addition, also speeds up the detoxification process.
- Just chew some fresh peppermint leaves during the day when you are having a feeling of the hangover. It will help in relaxing the intestines and also gets you recovered pretty quickly.
- Prepare a cup of tea by pouring a cup of boiling water over a spoon of dried peppermint. Now, let it steep by covering with a lid for 15 minutes and then strain it. Drink a cup or two of this herbal tea after you wake up and do anything else.
- For feeling better in an instant, you may also take a bath in a bathtub filled with warm water. Do this by adding some drops of peppermint oil in the water. Now, soaking in this water for about half an hour will get you refreshed and you can soothe your hangover headache as well. The cold compress can also be used for a headache from the hangover.
In this way, you can get rid of hangover caused due to the effects of alcohol. These are quite easy remedies for the problem and most of them are pretty effective and can ease you out of the misery perfectly. If you want to get rid of hangover, you shouldn’t use the medical way because it is more risky so you can always go for the natural way.